[Fedora-directory-users] Password Expiration Loop

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Fri Feb 9 16:20:36 UTC 2007

> I am still troubled with the issue of a users password expiring, they get the
> messages to change, successfully change password.  Then the next time that
> they login, the password loop begins again.

If you are using shadowAccount objectclass for passwords (versus password
policies), I had this same issue until I enable self-write access to the
shadowLastChange attribute.

In Directory tab, select root domain

Right click and Select Set Access Permissions  Select "Enable self-write for common attributes" and click on Edit  Select "Self" and click on Edit Manually button.

After "userPassword", insert "|| shadowLastChange " and click on OK and
again on OK on the parent window.

--
- Kyle