[Fedora-directory-users] sasl encryption not supported over ssl error

Yu Joe sleepyjoeyu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 17:47:35 UTC 2007

Dear all

I tried to make my FDS work with sasl(digest-md5)+SSL.  I can get correct
result by "ldapsearch -Y digest-md5 -U sasl1 ..." or "ldapsearch -x -D
'cn=Directory Manager' -W -H ldaps://rhds.example.com...".
But I got the error message such as "*sasl encryption not supported over
ssl"*, when I execute command like "ldapsearch -Y digest-md5 -U sasl1 -H
ldaps://rhds.example.com ...". Some of my friends tell me  this works on
openldap. So I suggest it must be also working on FDS. Is that right? If so,
what's the probably reason causes this error? Or it just really don't
support? Please helps, thanks a lot.

--
 Joe Yu
 A humble RHCE