[Fedora-directory-users] rhel/fedora clock drift?

Josh Miller joshua at itsecureadmin.com
Tue Feb 13 14:51:00 UTC 2007

If you are using VMware virtual servers, the recommendation is to use
the following two corrective measures:

1. Append clock=pit to your kernel boot line in grub.conf
2. In the vmx file for your virtual server, add the following line, or
modify it if it already exists as false:

   tools.syncTime = "TRUE"

You can also configure this value through the VC console and you must
restart the virtual machine after making these changes for it to take
effect.

Then make sure you have the VMware tools installed, configured, and running.

ref:  http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf

Thanks,
Josh Miller, RHCE