[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and phpLDAPadmin

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 14:55:56 UTC 2007

jim bartus wrote:
> I just ran into the same problem using 'ldapsearch' yesterday.  Out of
> curiosity, whats the reasoning behind FDS not supplying a default root?
I'm not sure what this means.  What is a default root and how can FDS
supply it?

I think one of the problems is that phpldapadmin depends on being able
to do the following query:
ldapsearch -s base -b "" "(objectclass=*)" "*" "+"
The "+" is a special openldap-only (but now an rfc I think) extension
which tells the server to return all operational attributes.  The list
of suffixes (i.e. "roots") is an operational attribute - namingContexts
- in the rootdse.  If you could find the section in phpldapadmin where
it queries the rootdse, and you add this attribute to the search
operation attribute list, that may solve the problem.

Another problem could be with anonymous access control - see here -
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:phpLdapAdmin