Re: [Fedora-directory-users] rhel/fedora clock drift?

If you are using VMware virtual servers, the recommendation is to use the following two corrective measures:

1. Append clock=pit to your kernel boot line in grub.conf
2. In the vmx file for your virtual server, add the following line, or modify it if it already exists as false:

  tools.syncTime = "TRUE"

You can also configure this value through the VC console and you must restart the virtual machine after making these changes for it to take effect.

Then make sure you have the VMware tools installed, configured, and running.

ref:  http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf

Thanks,
Josh Miller, RHCE

Scott Belnap wrote:
You can pass clock=pit to the kernel on boot up or use NTP.