Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Do not yum install fedora-ds or yum upgrade!

Roman Dronov wrote:
Richard, good day!
Where can i find roadmap and planing features for the next FDS release?
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Documentation#Proposed_New_Features

Thanks.

With the greatest regard,
Roman Dronov.

2007/2/16, Richard Megginson < rmeggins redhat com <mailto:rmeggins redhat com>>:

    There is a problem with the new fedora-ds in Fedora Extras.  It
    conflicts with the old fedora-ds 1.0.x installation.  If you do a 'yum
    install fedora-ds' or a 'yum update' on a system that has fedora-ds
    1.0.x installed, the installation will remove the old
    binaries.  You may
    be saying "So what?  Isn't that what you want?"  No, sadly.  The
    fedora-ds 1.1.0a1 in Fedora Extras is the core only - when you
    upgrade,
    you remove all of the other files for admin server, console,
    etc.  The
    good news is that none of the configuration or data is affected
    and you
    can easily recover by following these steps:

        * Find the fedora-ds 1.0.4 RPM you installed from originally, or
          download from http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Download
        * rpm -Uvh --oldpackage fedora-ds-1.0.4-1......rpm

    We are working on a solution for this.  We will hopefully figure
    out a
    way to install both 1.0.4 and 1.1 at the same time, but we may have to
    make the 1.1 Conflicts: fedora-ds < 1.1 or something like
    that.  In the
    meantime, fedora-ds is being pulled from the Fedora Extras yum
    repos so
    that this doesn't happen again.

    I apologize for any inconvenience.