Re: [Fedora-directory-users] authentication linux users via Fedora directory server

Yoram Kahana wrote:
Hi
My goal is to authenticate our users via the Fedora directory server (FDS 7.1).
The users OS is RedHat entrerprise linux 4, update 4.
I have started with openldap and everything works fine. Using the same clients configuration file (exept changing the HOST to the fedora directory server IP) i have fail to authenticate users to the FDS.
Please look at the FDS access log to look for failed BIND or SRCH attempts.
I created two users (via the console) and define the posixaccount parameters as well.
I also failed to add new users via ldapadd using prepared ldif file.
Errors?
I have a feeling that i miss somthing with the bind authentication. Maybe somthing related to the why Fedora relate to the passwd (md5,Sha.....).
You might also want to post your /etc/ldap.conf file
Any idea? Thanks in advance
Yoram