[Fedora-directory-users] Password expiration question

I've got FDS supporting RHEL 4 clients, and have apparently missed
something in setup.  I've set up the password policies on my FDS
servers, but still get the following sort of error:

[root system ~]# su - arbitrary_username
Warning: your password will expire in 7 days
System.network.tld>

Do I need to disable pam_unix.so in /etc/pam.d/system-auth now that I
have that sort of thing handled in FDS?

--
Kent Rankin
Enterprise Systems Administrator