[Fedora-directory-users] Apache Auth/pam_check_host_attr?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 21:14:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 13:38 -0700, Brian Kosick wrote:

> > > Dang I smoke some good crack.   I figured it out.   I had accidentally?
> > > installed the mod_auth_pam rpm, I rpm -e 'd it, and restarted httpd, and
> > > it works like I want it to.
> > >
> > > It looks like the mod_auth_pam rpm forces the ldap queries to go through
> > > system pam which was enforcing my pam_check_host_attr setting.
> >
> > mod_auth_pam should follow the directives in /etc/pam.d/http which
> > doesn't necessarily have to include the same things as other services.
> >

> Thanks, for the tip, I'll look into it, however, since I don't need/use
> it for anything at the moment, it's going to go on my back burner....

The place it is great is where you want to provide web access to
a set of people who already have passwords elsewhere like a
windows domain plus some local users, and ldap should work the same
way.  You can skip the need for any account info with a line like:
account    required     pam_permit.so
if all you want is a password check.

--
  Les Mikesell