[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Sync Errors

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Mon Jan 8 20:32:07 UTC 2007

O.K., I think I have it now.  It seems that the DS entry must have
an "ntUserDomainID" attribute before Windows Sync can write it to the AD.
Also, the "ntusercreatenewaccount" attribute must have a value of true.
These attributes and their values can be adjusted in the console directory
editor under each user's NT User page.

Some attributes and their counterparts in Active Directory are mentioned in
the Windows Sync manual, but the requirements for synchronization are not
plainly enumerated.  Such a list might make a worthwhile addition to a future
edition of the manual.

Thanks for your kind responses!   -Glenn.