[Fedora-directory-users] group mapping issue

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Tue Jan 23 22:26:17 UTC 2007

This means the client can't find any group objects in your LDAP
directory that have gidNumber=1676.
Have you loaded your group data into the directory?

Try this on one of your LDAP clients:
# getent group 1676

Then, see what search this generates on the LDAP server by looking at
the access log.

You could also test with a manual ldapsearch, e.g.:
# ldapsearch -x -h ldap.example.com -D <binddn from clients'
/etc/ldap.conf> -b dc=example,dc=com
(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(gidNumber=1676))