[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and phpLDAPadmin

Heath Henderson heath at a5.com
Thu Jan 25 18:28:05 UTC 2007

I am new to LDAP and more specifically FDS.  I had an OpenLDAP server setup
a year or so ago which I used an older version of phpldapadmin with.  It
seemed to work without too much trouble, but I can't seem to get either FDS
or OpenLDAP working with phpldapamdin.

I found some information in the list archives as well as other places, but
my problem seems to be still existing.

The error I get from phpLDAPadmin

   Could not determine the root of your LDAP tree.
It appears that the LDAP server has been configured to not reveal its root.
Please specify it in config.php

I would really like to use FDS and have it running what I consider very
well. I am not able to get this plugged into it and I really don't know
enough yet on where to look to configure either FDS to reveal its root or
phpldapadmin to know what the rootDSE is set to?

Any help would be great.  I have read the docs, but just need a little push
in the right direction.

--
Heath Henderson
System Support Engineer