[Fedora-directory-users] No X

Marius Rex marius at mail.communityconnect.com
Wed Jul 11 14:39:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 03:41 -0400, Vampire D wrote:
> Is it possible to do ALL management through CLI/LDAP?
> Do you see many installations in production NOT using the java console
> or is using it pretty standard?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I have yet to run into any
management task that cannot be done through CLI tools.  The java console
in my experience, is an occasional convenience, not a necessity.  Even
so when I want convenience I am more likely to fire up some other ldap
management tool, like phpldapadmin, to do quick and easy work.

--
Marius Rex <marius at mail.communityconnect.com>
Community Connect Inc.