[Fedora-directory-users] nss_ldap - using full DNs in member attribute

ashley ashley at csse.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 4 07:52:10 UTC 2007

Thats extremely strange, I've made clients including Fedora,Suse and
Ubuntu bind to the FDS Ldap without a problem like that.

Can you just verify something for me.

ie login via the console or ssh into your client machine ie as jsmith as
in your example and type

groups.

It should just list your groups in the shortform.

ie you should see

testgroup blah blah (all your groups)

as with your example, you shouldn't see the ou,dc bits.

If it does you can remap the lookup / search base usually by editing
ldap.conf which you can find in /etc/ldap.conf most of the time including
Fedora, SUSE & Ubuntu, but I can't say anything about Gentoo as I've
havn't dealt with it recently.

You should then look at the mappings / lookup ie for nss_base_passwd,
nss_base_shadow, nss_base_group which are the three basic fields with
Linux/Unix.

In your case you would be dealing with nss_base_group.

If you are caching the fields is with nscd you would have to do
the same with nscd.conf.

But still I find that extremely strange.

 					Regards Ashley

--
Ashley Chew - Systems Administrator
School of Computer Science and Software Engineering

"There is no such thing as Fate, Fate is what you make of it!"