[Fedora-directory-users] ACI trouble: binding as a UID in an "hidden" branch

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Fri Jun 8 07:52:44 UTC 2007

Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de> writes:
[...]
> But this doesn't work: I can't even bind as
> cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=foo,dc=bar I suppose because the user is an
> child of "internal", and so anonymous isn't allowed to access the
> object for authentication.

For the records: my analysis of the problem was wrong.  It _is_
possible to bind as an object which is not world readable.  My
problems were caused by an specific client, so this is an non issue.

Sorry for the noise.
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                      OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück             http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/