[Fedora-directory-users] admin server ssl setup

MJD Shop Account mjdshop at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 18 19:51:00 UTC 2007

I'm trying to set up the admin console to be accessible w/ SSL (https).  I have the right certificates set up and the main FDS is SSL enabled. I'm running FDS 1.0.4.  I usually get a problem when I open up the admin console, click on the Configuration tab, click on the Encryption tab in that window, then try to check the enable ssl box.  It gives me some error and doesn't save it.

I had an idea which I tried and I think it worked (or it was just coincidence).  Instead of clicking on the Configuration tab, I clicked the 'Configure Admin Server' task in the Task tab.  This opened a separate configuration window which otherwise looks the same as before.  But, this time I was successful in saving the change.

I still had a problem with the NSSNickname being set to 'blank' in the console.conf file (under /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config); I edited that manually.  This seems to happen if you try and fail to save the SSL changes, after that the certificate list always comes up empty.  And I also manually edit nss.conf to point to a file for the certificate-store PIN for automatic startup.

So, should the two methods of opening the configuration window have different effects?

Thanks,
  MJD