[Fedora-directory-users] Newbie question

Thomas King kingttx at tomslinux.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 27 19:08:47 UTC 2007

I am trying to sort out a couple of things in my mind, so please forgive the
plebian topic.

Some of the articles I saw online concerning using FDS for authentication states
to use the 'Users and Groups' tab from the management console. However, when I
try to create a user, group, or OU, it ends up being forced into the
NetscapeRoot branch instead of the directory. I see no way offhand on how to
change this.

Re-reading the manuals several times for making entries suggests that tab is not
to be used for "normal" user/group/OU entries for authentication and/or user
information queries. Instead, I should have opened the directory server itself
from the Management Console, clicked on the Directory tab, expanded the
appropriate branch, selected the appropriate OU, and added a user there instead.

Am I correct? Is there actually a way to change the target from the 'Users and
Groups' tab within the Management Console so that I can use that tab instead to
make quick additions or changes?

Thank you,
Tom