[Fedora-directory-users] the relationship between sun's directory server and fds

abliss at brockport.edu abliss at brockport.edu
Thu Jun 28 19:01:20 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,
I've used fedora directory server now since version 7.1 (of which I'm a huge fan) and just started using Sun's directory server 5.2 (since taking a new job a few days ago)...I installed sun's directory server onto centos 3, and couldn't help noticing that the look, feel and even process names are the same as in fds...does anyone know the history between the two?  Are they both based on netscape's directory server?  Thanks.

Aaron