[Fedora-directory-users] Samba 4 support/integration?

Jim Hogan jimh at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 29 03:38:14 UTC 2007

Responding to myself....

Ever have one of those moments where you wished you waited 30 minutes
before you posted???

Well, sure enough I found a fairly interesting page on the Samba
Wiki that treats the issue of Samba 4 and supported LDAP servers:

  http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend

..and I also, belatedly,found a "devel" mail list thread with
discussion between Richard and Andrew Bartlett:

   http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-January/050932.html

So it looks like the Samba4-FDS discussion is active and those links give
me a place to start. Now if anyone wants to offer observations related to
my original post, great.  In the meantime, let me make my excuses...

Thanks.

Jim