[Fedora-directory-users] Multi-Master Replication Problems

Ulf Weltman ulf.weltman at hp.com
Wed Mar 7 19:02:50 UTC 2007

I'd love to know how your RUV could be missing.  I wonder if whatever
problem left you with mismatched generation ID still persists, it seemed
odd that happened after a network outage.  If the RUV entry was missing
that would explain it, that's where the generation ID of the local data
is stored.

Did you get replication running again?  Do your masters have updates
that need to be merged?  If they're in sync or are only diverged by
testing-related updates, I would try...
back up my two masters, for potential restore or future investigation
(db2bak)
export one master to LDIF without -r (db2ldif)
import that LDIF into the same master (ldif2db)
perform the search for the RUV entry to make sure its created this time
after the import completes (ldapsearch for the magic
nsuniqueid=ffffffff-ffffffff-ffffffff-ffffffff entry)
initialize the other master, either via online initialization or LDIF
with -r (db2ldif -r)

And if you can determine how you ended up in the state where the RUV is
missing, post at bugzilla.redhat.com