[Fedora-directory-users] Samba/Fedora DS/Windows Password Sync

Jeff Gamsby jfgamsby at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 9 19:57:44 UTC 2007

  Using PassSync, changing the passwords from the AD/NT side will also
change passwords on the Fedora DS side. It will not however change the
Samba passwords. If you have "ldap passwd sync = yes" in your Samba
config, then you can use smbpasswd to change all passwords at the same
time. If you migrate over to an AD server in place of Samba, you can use
domain logins and have users change their password in Windows which
would also change the Fedora DS password as well.

Jeff