[Fedora-directory-users] User Authentication and Adding Clients

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 06:48:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 3/10/07, Bliss, Aaron <ABliss at preferredcare.org> wrote:

>  for your fds box, the easiest way (I think) to set the box up to
> authenticate against your ldap server is to run authconfig.  I'm not as
> familiar with ubuntu, as such you should be able to modify your
> /etc/nsswitch.conf , pam, and ldap.conf files by hand....
>
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:PAM

Hi,

If I reboot, my Directory Server is not starting and I tried this -
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SysVInit , but Its not
working. Even after adding the services to chkconfig, the Directory Server
is not getting automatically started. But If i manually do, service
fedora-ds-admin start after the restart, it does start.

I want to setup my machine (where FDS is installed) to allow User
authentication via Directory Server. I do configure authconfig, but I think
unless I start the slapd and directory server, the ldap authentication will
not be possible.

I would be happy if anyone could help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep,