[Fedora-directory-users] lookthrough vs. sizelimit

Paul Engle pengle at rice.edu
Wed Mar 14 20:09:45 UTC 2007

As I understand it, sizelimit determines the maximum number of results that
are returned from the search, whereas lookthroughlimit determines the
maximum number of things that will be searched in the first place.

Frankly, in our setup I have lookthroughlimit set to -1 (unlimited). Since
the order of the searching is non-deterministic, I can't fathom any use for
it. It has to be at least as large as your largest searchable tree, or else
there will be entries that can never be returned in a search. If anyone out
there is using this parameter, can you explain how/why?

  -paul

- --On Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:45:49 PM -0700 George Holbert