[Fedora-directory-users] Replication Possibilities

Eddie C edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:06:47 UTC 2007

I can not give an authoritative answer, but if your active directory is 2003
server your active directory itself is multimaster ( no more PDC and SDC ).
It seems theorically possible to install active directory sync on both nodes
but leave it running only on one domain controller. Something like this:

AD2 <-> AD1

LoadBalancer

FD2 <->FD1

Here are some maybes. The configuration of the winsync agreements might have
issues communicating with a proxy or load balanced LDAP server. Also I do
not know of any HA product that would be able to fail winsync on a windows
server.