[Fedora-directory-users] Failover between masters

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Thu Mar 29 00:33:39 UTC 2007

> What we're finding is if ldap1 dies for some reason, the clients don't
> failover to ldap2.
>
> We don't know if the problem is client side or server side.

When ldap1 dies, do you see any activity in ldap2's access log?  If not,
you know the clients aren't making the switch to ldap2.

On one of your Linux LDAP clients, try doing this while ldap1 is down:
# service nscd stop
# strace getent passwd
Among the tons of output should be some indication of what LDAP servers
are being tried.