[Fedora-directory-users] Converting OpenLDAP access directives to FDS ACIs

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Thu May 3 14:47:55 UTC 2007

Hi *,

I'm working on the migration of an complex application from OpenLDAP
to FDS.  Currently I'm trying to rebuild the access permissions in
FDS:

- First of all, I think I'm not the first one with the problem, so:
  are there any tools, which can convert slapd.conf access directives
  to FDS ACIs (in ldif format for example)?

- What is the FDS ACI right equivalent to "auth" (=x) in OpenLDAP?

- I'm having various groups in my ldap tree, which are all of the
  class groupOfNames (RFC 2256) but the graphical console doesn't show
  them as groups.  Can I use the groupdn keyword in ACIs to test for
  membership in these groups anyway or do I have to change them to
  groupOfUniqueNames (in which case I would have to change the data as
  well as the membership attribute would be uniqueMember instead of
  member?

Any useful hints are highly appreciated,
cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                      OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück             http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/