[Fedora-directory-users] Unable to configure admin server with SSL

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu May 10 20:20:57 UTC 2007

FDS User wrote:
> [root at ldap alias]# ../shared/bin/certutil -L -d . -P admin-serv-ldap-
> server-cert                                                  u,u,u
> CA certificate                                               CT,,
>

> Richard Megginson wrote:
>> FDS User wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> [Thu May 10 13:40:10 2007] [error] SSL Library Error: -12271 SSL
>>> client cannot verify your certificate
I'm not sure what this means.  I believe in this case the SSL client is
the console.  Try this: rm -rf ~/.fedora-console as the user you run
startconsole with.   Then try to connect over https.  The console should
pop up a dialog saying that it doesn't trust the server cert and ask you
what to do.

Also try connecting to https://host:adminport/ in your web browser.