[Fedora-directory-users] slapd password

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon May 21 17:09:16 UTC 2007

I ma trying to install fedora-ds and am having some beginner problems.
The installation was accomplished on a Fedora 5 system from an rpm
download off of the fedora-ds site. I originally used a yum install but
could not get anything to work so I did a yum remove before I did an rpm
install.  The setup script seemed to work ok, and now I am trying to
load a *.ldif file without success.  I do not have a gui on this machine
so command line entry is necessary.

The command I am using to enter the data is :
ldapmodify -a -D cn=Directory Manager,dc=example,dc=com -W -f
newdat.ldif

The response I am getting is :
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

I thought perhaps I memorized the password wrong, but could not find
config file that the password is stored.

Sorry for the beginner question.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg Ennis