[Fedora-directory-users] slapd password

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon May 21 17:33:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 11:15 -0600, Richard Megginson wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > I ma trying to install fedora-ds and am having some beginner problems.
> > The installation was accomplished on a Fedora 5 system from an rpm
> > download off of the fedora-ds site. I originally used a yum install but
> > could not get anything to work so I did a yum remove before I did an rpm
> > install.  The setup script seemed to work ok, and now I am trying to
> > load a *.ldif file without success.  I do not have a gui on this machine
> > so command line entry is necessary.
> >
> > The command I am using to enter the data is :
> > ldapmodify -a -D cn=Directory Manager,dc=example,dc=com -W -f
> > newdat.ldif
> >
> > The response I am getting is :
> > ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
> >         additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:
> >
> > I thought perhaps I memorized the password wrong, but could not find
> > config file that the password is stored.
> >
> Add "-x" after ldapmodify.  /usr/bin/ldapmodify (et. al.) are the
> openldap tools - they all require the -x argument after the command name
> in order to use simple auth - without -x, by default, they all attempt
> to use sasl auth.
> > Sorry for the beginner question.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Greg Ennis
> >
> > --

Richard,

That helped, but now I am getting :

ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: dc=domain,dc=com

I am not certain that I have the correct password is there a way to get
to the password or should I rerun the setup script?

I did try to use openldap but could not get it to work remotely, I do
not have it running.  Are their tools peculiar to fedora-ds that I
should be using to load data?

Thanks for your help!!!

Greg