[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and RHDS : Are there any differences between them ?

André Luís Lopes andrelop at aw2net.com.br
Thu May 24 10:45:57 UTC 2007

Hello Aaron,

Bliss, Aaron escreveu:
> Andre,
> I was told by an rhce from RedHat (we were in the same boat that your in almost 1 year ago) that there is not any difference between fds and rds, other than the redhat logos have been removed from the fds version.

    First of all, sorry for replying so late, I was really very busy
these days. Nice to know that someone from Red Hat confirmed that bot
FDS and RHDS are technnically identical.

    I would like to ask you something : You wrote that you was in the
same boat I'm now almost one year ago. Since then, have you deployed
RHDS already ? Does it worked exactly as you tought it would work based
on your tests using FDS ?

    What I'm most concerned with is some potential feature lacking  in
RHDS (as FDS seems to be updated more frequently than RHDS and I'm
testing using the latest FDS version, 1.0.4) compared to FDS, as I'm
testing with FDS and would like to deploy RHDS later.

    Also, if someone from Red Hat is reading this message and would like
to comment on this, please, be welcome to give your comments.

Regards,

--
André Luís Lopes
andrelop at aw2net.com.br