[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and RHDS : Are there any differences between them ?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu May 24 17:39:57 UTC 2007

André Luís Lopes wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> Richard Megginson escreveu:
>> The biggest difference right now is that FDS 1.0.x uses Apache for
>> the Admin Server (http engine) instead of NES used in RHDS 7.1.
>> Aside from that, all of the major features are the same.
>
>    Ok, that's fine. When you say the "biggest difference" does that
> mean that there are others differences other than the one you have
> mentioned above ?
Mostly bug fixes.  Another difference is that FDS 1.0.4 includes
mozldap6, which provides SASL client functionality for the mozldap
ldapsearch, ldapmodify, etc.  But SASL functionality is already provided
by the openldap command line tools in /usr/bin.  So that will probably
not be an important distinction.
>    Also, do you know if there's some place (a website, a wiki,
> whatever) where I could find a list of these differences, if any ?
There is no such list AFAIK.  From the end user and admin point of view,
RHDS is identical to FDS.

The only way to know for sure would be to do a cvs diff between the RHDS
branch and the FDS 1.0.4 release tag.