[Fedora-directory-users] admin console failure

Jonathan Mills jonathan.mills at motricity.com
Fri May 25 14:15:07 UTC 2007

So, I keep doing a clean install of fds 1.0.4 on a rhel4 box, and it
fails.  I'm trying to set up a replica.  It connects to the master
configuration server.  In fact, the entire setup script goes swimmingly
and all looks fine.  Then:

==
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Success Slapd Added Directory Server information to Configuration Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
ERROR: Administration Server configuration failed.
You can now use the console.  Here is the command to use to start the
console:
==

And the result is a non-functioning console.  Any ideas?