[Fedora-directory-users] FDS Groups

Jared B. Griffith jared.griffith at farheap.com
Tue Nov 6 17:06:04 UTC 2007

I don't see any way of automatically doing it unless you shell script it and do everything from the command line.
The one thing that I do see as a potential problem (as you add more users) is the potential for the Posix UID's to be duplicated. Is there anyone here that has devised a script or some method of checking to see if the Posix UID is already in use when adding a user through the console. I am not so concerned about the GID, because we use Gentoo for our Linux desktop's and the GID for all users is going to be the same as the users group (100).