[Fedora-directory-users] Openldap Slave Servers

Jared B. Griffith jared.griffith at farheap.com
Tue Nov 20 03:10:00 UTC 2007

Is it possible to set up openldap to be slave servers of Fedora Directory Servers?
We currently have BSD gateways, and building FDS for BSD is pretty much a no go (tried for about 3 weeks with no success), and on each gateway we would like to have a read only slave server of our FDS servers. That way if for some ungodly reason our network goes down, logins would still work correctly. I read that it is possible to set up slurpd for replication, but was wondering if anyone here has tried this and had success with it.

--
- Thank you,
- Jared B. Griffith
- Email - jared.griffith at farheap.com