[Fedora-directory-users] Problems restoring backup

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:49:12 UTC 2007

On maanantai 26 marraskuu 2007, Richard Megginson wrote:
> Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I reinstalled FDS 1.0.4 and tried to restore backup, but something goes
> > wrong and after restore is done, ldapsearch does not return any entries
> > (and there should be about 1300 entries).
>
> Can you do a export (db2ldif) ?  Looks like the database config changed
> somehow in some incompatible way between the time you made the backup
> and the time you did the restore.  I'm not exactly sure how.

Hello

I had 15 minutes between db2bak and first bak2db attempt.

I removed the fedora-ds rpm (and deleted /opt/fedora-ds directory) and after
that, installed fds and tried to restore, no luck.
I tried this about 10 times, then I did not do anything for three days and
today I reinstalled fsd, and was able to restore the backup.

So, no problem anymore, time will heal they say :)

Regards,
Kimmo