[Fedora-directory-users] RedHat 4/Fedora-DS - SSL Cert DB not readable?

Travis tag at netfoo.org
Tue Oct 2 21:11:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

We're preparing to upgrade from the initial DS release to 1.0.4-1 on our
RHEL4 servers.  In testing, we've hit a brick wall while trying to set
up SSL.  We can install the server just fine, but when clicking on
"Manage Certificates" in the console we get the following:

could not open file slapd-$hostname-cert8.db

We get the same type of error when trying to manage the admin server
certs.

This is a completely fresh install, and we've double checked file
ownership, so permissions are not an issue.  After working on this for a
while, I tried installing the FC6 rpm on my FC6 desktop with the same
settings and JVM, which worked just fine...so its something specific
about the RHEL4 version or its dependencies.

I found one other post about this kind of issue (From Nov 2006 by Graham
Leggett), but I never saw a solution.  I have even tried initializing
the DBs by hand with certutil, but this does not appear to make a
difference.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Travis