[Fedora-directory-users] Error Logging Performance

Roman RATHLER roman.rathler at lsr-noe.gv.at
Tue Oct 9 12:57:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

If I activate error logging for ACL Control Summary or similar, the machine
totaly goes into IO-Wait. It just writes maybe 100K/second but is totaly
unusable any more... From normal 1% CPU Load (on a 2 Way Xeon) it moves to
200% CPU Utilization.
Debugging ACLs therefore is nearly impossible on a productive system...

We run the Fedora-DS 1.0.4 (fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4) on an up2date CentOS
System... Is there any perfomance tuning option like with the log-buffering
for access log. I can't see, why logging kills the machine!

cheers.roman