[Fedora-directory-users] Missing tasks directory

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 15:47:24 UTC 2007

Martin Eckel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed fedora-ds-1.0.4-1 on a FC6 Linux. I am able to run
> the startconsole, but when I open the Admin Server window and select
> any item than an error message appears that it trys to access to
> /admin-serv/tasks/Configuration/ServerSetup. But the tasks directory
> don't exist. I would expect that is was created by the rpm-package
> while installation but it isn't.
> I started the rpm-installation with the --nodeps argument (what I
> would like to avoid, I assume that could be the reason) because it
> says that no httpd is available, but an apache is already installed as
> source-package on this system. I have created a symbolic link before
> to the httpd-file in /usr/sbin but that don't help.
> Anyone knows, why no tasks directory and its subfolders was created
> after the installation ?
That URL path is not the actual path in the file system.  The way the
admin server works is that it maps that URL to a LDAP entry somewhere
under o=NetscapeRoot in the configuration directory server.  It does
this so it can apply fine grained access control to each task based on
Fedora DS ACIs, rather than on httpd access control.

It's going to be tricky to install properly without an httpd.worker
package available for setup.