[Fedora-directory-users] Re: backup/dump--restore/import

Linux Admin sysadmin.linux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:33:58 UTC 2007

Thanks Richard and George,
Here is what I have tired:
I tried restoring from both:
1. Export/Import from ldif file:
       backup all the subtrees and get a lot of rejects on this restore
2. Backup/Restore:
               Backup creates a directory of my choosing with 2 ldif files
and 3 subderectories:
               userRoot NetscapeRoot and one more subdir for my app
                all 3 subdirs have db4 files
    Restoring: if I specify the top leve back directory (same as I use
during backup process) I get error 53 (cannot read dir)
Restore will take 3 subdirectires (netacpre root or userRoot) and will run
OK. but then it stops working, you can not log in or on restart admin server
would not start.