[Fedora-directory-users] Re: backup/dump--restore/import

Linux Admin sysadmin.linux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:49:55 UTC 2007

This is beyond bad:
Here is what I did now:

I copied my backup dir into:

serverRoot/slapd-serverID/bak/backup_name

So when you click retore button it actually find the name of back and directory
and yet it will produce error53 (failed to read the backup file set from....)

Here is ls -al from /tmp/2007_backup

-rwxrwxrwx    1 ldapds   ldapds         18 Oct 18 14:17 DBVERSION

-rwxrwxrwx    1 ldapds   ldapds      50218 Oct 18 14:17 dse_index.ldif
-rwxrwxrwx    1 ldapds   ldapds       1211 Oct 18 14:17 dse_instance.ldif
-rwxrwxrwx    1 ldapds   ldapds    4070917 Oct 18 14:17 log.0000000749

drwxrwxrwx    2 ldapds   ldapds       4096 Oct 18 14:17 NetscapeRoot
drwxrwxrwx    2 ldapds   ldapds       4096 Oct 18 14:17 PolicySvr4
drwxrwxrwx    2 ldapds   ldapds       4096 Oct 18 14:17 userRoot

If you specify /tmp/2007_bak as restore dir you get error 53
You can specify /tmp/2007_bak/NetscapeRoot....etc all 3 subdir and it will work
Yet!!! here is what you get in error log

[24/Oct/2007:13:34:45 -0500] - Warning: config backup file
dse_instance.ldif not found in backup
[24/Oct/2007:13:34:45 -0500] - Warning: config backup file
dse_index.ldif not found in back

No kiiding they are in top level dir.
I wounder if this ever worked?