[Fedora-directory-users] Can't locate CSN in Multi-Master replica

Dael Maselli Dael.Maselli at lnf.infn.it
Mon Oct 29 17:11:27 UTC 2007

I'm working with the java management console.

I created replication manager users as:
dn: cn=A.infn.it,cn=config
cn: A.infn.it
objectClass: top
objectClass: nshost

dn: cn=B.infn.it,cn=config
cn: B.infn.it
objectClass: top
objectClass: nshost

in my shared/config/certmap.conf i have:
certmap default         default
default:CmapLdapAttr    description

I tried SSL auth and it works as I can see in the logs:
[29/Oct/2007:14:53:40 +0100] conn=2 SSL 256-bit AES; client CN=A.infn.it,L=Lecce,OU=Host,O=INFN,C=IT; issuer CN=INFN CA,O=INFN,C=IT
[29/Oct/2007:14:53:40 +0100] conn=2 SSL client bound as cn=A.infn.it,cn=config

The changelogs are created with management console, enabling the checkbox in the
Replication node of the configuration tab, selecting the default location.

Then, under database in the replication node i checked enable replica, and
Multiple Master, replication id 1 for A and 2 for B, and in the supplier DN
I wrote cn=A.infn.it,cn=config in B and cn=B.infn.it,cn=config in A.

Then, right click on database name under Replication, "New Replication Agreement",
selecting B node on A with port 636 and checked "Using Encrypted SSL connection" and
"SSL Client Authentication". Here I had a problem! There was a pop-up that told me
it can't connect to the other fds server, but I thought it was a bug, because I checked
with tcpdump and saw no packet sent (I can see it with simple auth). So I clicked to
continue and all seems to work well, even the initialization done from A to B, I didn't
do it when I created the Agreement from B to A in the same way.

I followed the manual at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/replicat.htm#66943

I hope I was clear, sorry for my macaronic english ;-)

Thank you so much.

Richard Megginson wrote:

> Can you describe the exact steps you took e.g.
> configured and created changelogs on A and B
> created replication manager user on A and B
> configured A to be a multi master replica
> configured B to be a multi master replica
> created replication agreement from A to B
> created replication agreement from B to A
> Did replica init from A to B
>
> Note that you should not do a replica init from B to A if you already
> did one from A to B

Dael Maselli  ---  INFN-LNF Computing Service  --  +39.06.9403.2214

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch