[Fedora-directory-users] Question about caseIgnoreIA5Match

Balaji Ganesan balaji7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:57:27 UTC 2007

I have the following entry in my schema,

attributeTypes: ( someOID NAME ( 'mailAddress' ) DESC 'mailAddress' EQUALITY
caseIgnoreIA5Match SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 SINGLE-VALUE )

This attribute is indexed, using information below.

dn: cn=mailAddress,cn=index,cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm
database,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectClass:top
objectClass:nsIndex
cn:mailCurrentAddress
nsSystemIndex:false
nsIndexType:eq

In our sample db, we have mailAddress set to foo at bar.com. When I run
ldapsearch with mailAddress=foo at bar.com, it returns 1 record. When I search
with mailAddres=Foo at bar.com I get 0 entries back. What do I need to change
for FDS to perform a case-insensitive search?  I tried changing my attribute
type to directory string and equalit to caseIgnoreMatch and got the same
results.

Thanks in advance.