[Fedora-directory-users] Can't locate CSN in Multi-Master replica

Dael Maselli Dael.Maselli at lnf.infn.it
Wed Oct 31 17:59:57 UTC 2007

Richard Megginson, on 31/10/2007 17.43, wrote:
> Dael Maselli wrote:
[...]
>> "SSL Client Authentication". Here I had a problem! There was a pop-up that told me
>> it can't connect to the other fds server, but I thought it was a bug, because I checked
>> with tcpdump and saw no packet sent (I can see it with simple auth). So I clicked to
>> continue and all seems to work well, even the initialization done from A to B, I didn't
>> do it when I created the Agreement from B to A in the same way.
> You don't need to initialize from B to A if you already did the
> initialize from A to B.

Yes, I never did it. I only did A->B.

> When you did the tcpdump, did you look at traffic on port 389 too, or
> just 636?

I looked at 389 when I used simple auth with UNencrypted connection,
and I saw packets. When I do SSL Auth I specify port 636 for the destination
of the agreement, so I didn't look at 389. At 636 no packets.

I tried with SSL and 389 hoping in TLS but it didn't work.

By the way, in production environment I need to do the 4-way MMR, in the
manual I read to do it with the A agreement to B and D, B to A and C, and so
on, in a circular manner. I don't like this way due to its split-brain danger
and no ollerance to more than 1 server fault, so I first tried connecting all
to all, is it wrong? May it be the cause of the CNS disaster?

I note you that after this 4-way test i deleted all agreements, replicas and
changelogs, maybe there is some "dirty" configuration?

Thanks.