[Fedora-directory-users] Directory size (/var/opt/netscape/server7)

Rubin rubin at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 5 09:35:04 UTC 2007

Hi All,

A question of curiosity: i've set up a small ldap server (no slaves or
multimaster stuff) with about 50 users. I made a backup of the server7
directory (/var/opt/netscape/server7)  before I changed anything and
started hacking away. now, a couple of months later everything is working
very well and i'm asked to migrate the server. I just made a new backup of
the server7 directory and to my amazement it is 10x as big. It started out
at 139m, and it is now 1.2g!

So the question is: What is taking up so much space when there are only 50
posixAccounts and 2 posixGroups?

For the record, I know this is not the way to backup a rhds server, I'm
reading about how to do a backup or dump "the right way" as we speak ;-)

Grtz,

Rubin.