[Fedora-directory-users] ssh login fail

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Sep 11 00:40:33 UTC 2007

There you go,

Looks like it is not in the right place in FDS....or it is but LDAP is
looking in the wrong place...

root at vuwunicvfwall02 openldap]# ldapsearch -x -D
"uid=jonesst1,ou=People,dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz" -w xxxxx -s base -b ""
ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: ou=people,dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz
[root at vuwunicvfwall02 openldap]# ldapsearch -x -D
"uid=jonesst1,dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz" -w xxxxx -s base -b ""
ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz

ho hum....

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272