[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and OpenLDAP integration

Del del at babel.com.au
Tue Sep 11 07:49:00 UTC 2007

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Richard Megginson wrote:
>
>> Great!  I've added this information here -
>> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:OpenldapIntegration
>
> Rich, I've cleaned up that entry, please check.

That entry would make more sense if it began with:

There are ways to sync data from OpenLDAP to Fedora DS.  NOTE: sync is one way only.

instead of:

There are ways to sync data between OpenLDAP and Fedora DS. NOTE: sync is one way only.

"between X and Y" implies two way, but then in the next sentence you
say that it is one way only -- which way is supported and which way
is not, is not specified.

... and I'm making the assumption that "slapd.conf" refers to the
OpenLDAP slapd.conf file, and that the sync is from OpenLDAP to FDS,
but like I said, that's not specified in the article.

--
Del
Babel Com Australia