[Fedora-directory-users] failover works but very slow.

Hai Wu markwu05 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:54:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

We are using fedora 1.0.4, When the first ldap server dies and does not ping,
the clients can still bind to second server but it is very slow to do
anything on clients, opening a terminal or listing a dir takes a few
seconds.  I find when ldap service is down on the first server but
server it still up and pingable, there is no delay on clients at all,
so I have the workaround to set up a eth0:0 on second ldap server(or
any other machine)  to assume the IP of the first ldap server when
first ldap server does not ping.

Please see our /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf , we have
only Rhel 3 and 4 clients. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
Mark

/etc/ldap.conf
host 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2