[Fedora-directory-users] Setting a self ssl certificate

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Sep 13 03:01:23 UTC 2007

While following the RDS manual to make a self cert, the last command is
to convert the certification database,

8><-----

   9. Run pk12util to convert the certificate database to pkcs12 format,
so it is accessible by the Directory Server:

/serverRoot/shared/bin/pk12util -d . -o cert.pk12 -n Server-Cert

It then asks me for,

"Enter Password or Pin for "NSS Certificate DB":"

Which I have no idea about....the password I have been using does not
work so I have no idea what this password is!

So where would I find it/set it, or am I using the wrong manual and if
so what is the correct one?

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272