[Fedora-directory-users] Setting a self ssl certificate

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Sep 13 22:21:33 UTC 2007

   The Fedora ssl document talks about replacing instruction 7.

with its own, OK

But, do I then carry on following the RDS document? ie do 8. and 9. and
if so is the syntax for 9. correct? Eg,

".....9. Run pk12util to convert the certificate database to pkcs12
format, so it is accessbile by the Directory Server:

/serverRoot/shared/bin/pk12util -d . -o cert.pk12 -n
Server-Cert

......."

Or is this bit missing from the RDS howto command as well?

"-P slapd-serverID-"

Then do I follow on with the fedora doc?

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272