[Fedora-directory-users] question about certificate

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 14:31:17 UTC 2007

puestadelsol83 wrote:
> Hi!
> I don't now if this is the right email address to ask my problem..
> I'm using fedora Directory -server to implement ldap.
> The problem is about certificate: I create a certificate but is impossible to use that because the issuer's certificate is not recornize.
A user certificate or a server certificate? What did you use to create
the cert? What do you mean by impossible to use? Who says the cert is
not recognized? Can you post an error message that says this? What
application is it from?
> How can i solve this problem?Whit console I fixed CA cert name and I edit trust.
It depends on the application, where/how you specify the CA cert. See
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL
> Is necessary to fix certmap mappingName issuerDN in certmap.conf file?
That is only if you are using client cert based authentication. It's not
used for TLS/SSL server side.